Overlooking the Dropt valley, in the heart of Lot-et-Garonne, the Château de Duras has gone through the history of France. Atypical monument, it mixes the Middle Ages, the 1969th century and the Revolution. Since its acquisition by the town hall of Duras in XNUMX, the castle has lived to the rhythm of restoration work.
The visitor can browse History and Architecture through the 30 restored rooms of this site classified as a Historic Monument and discover the secret passage, the room of the Ghosts, the room of the model. The apartments of the Duke and Duchess, finally refurnished thanks to a partnership with the Mobilier National, allow you to immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the XNUMXth century. To end the visit, take advantage of the passageway balconies that surround the castle.
Summer period: shows of musketeers, falconry and chivalry included in the visit. And always at night the 4D sound and light show.
Ranking & labels
- Listed historical sites and monuments
- Vineyards and discoveries
- Accessible on foot from the tourist office
- In the village
- Picnic area.
- Coach parking
Activities on site
- Specific thematic animation
- Children's workshop
- Temporary exhibitions
- Sound and light
- Pets allowed: no
- Disabled facilities: no
- Groups accepted
- Bus parking
- Minimum group size: 15
- Maximum group size: 60
Individual except summer and summer 2023 including shows:
- adult: 11 to 16 euros
- 13-18 years old: 8 to 11,50 euros
- student: 8 to 12,50 euros
- from 5 to 12 years old: 6 to 10 euros
- under 5 & under 13 with disabilities: free
- reduced outside summer: 7 to 9,5 euros
- reduced summer: 9 to 15 euros
French and English audioguide: from 1,50 (December to March) to 2,50 euros
Adult groups (min. 15 people or min. 6 people for people with disabilities) off season and summer 2023:
- free visit: 8 to 12 euros
- guided tour: 8,50 to 12,50 euros
Children groups (free visit, guided or workshop)
- students and over 13 years old: from 6,50 to 11 euros
- under 5 free: free at 4 euros
- under 5 years old guided: 3 to 6 euros
- from 5 to 13 years old: from 4,50 to 8,50 euros
- cdc schools & Duras leisure center: free
Subscription card (4D show incl.): from 11 (child) to 21 euros (adult)
- Payment cards
- French bank and postal checks
- French "Chèques vacances"
- Free tour
- Guided tour
- Average duration of the group visit: 90 min
- Average duration of the individual visit: 90 min
- Groups of 15 to 60 people welcome.
- Additional visit: Guided tours for groups of adults and children, as well as educational workshops, are offered all year round on request. Free visits, every day, with the possibility of renting an audio guide (French and English). Guided tours every day in July and August at 11 p.m., by reservation the rest of the year (Duration: 1h30). Throughout the season, the Château offers entertainment, exhibitions and nightlife.
Audio guide languages