The Tour de Montaigne, a listed XNUMXth century historical monument is a major place of pilgrimage, because it is here, at the gates of Bergerac and Saint-Émilion, in Saint-Michel-de-Montaigne, that Montaigne spent "most of the day. of his life and most of the hours of the day ”to meditate, think and write his Essays.
During visits to the Tower and the Castle, the life of this great man is evoked, as well as his work and his philosophy through the different rooms of his Tower. You can also visit the park.
Château de Montaigne is also a vineyard where you can come and taste the wines in the shop.
Different packs to discover the castle in all its forms are also available, with the possibility of on-site catering in groups or individually. To welcome you: COVID health information:
- Physical distancing
- Provision of hydro-alcoholic gel
- Separation of input and output flows
- Limited number of simultaneous visitors
- Contactless credit card payment
- Wearing a mask compulsory for visitors.
Ranking & labels
- Listed historical sites and monuments
- Listed historic sites and monuments
- Illustrious Houses
- Vineyards and discoveries
- In the countryside
- More than 30 minutes by car from Bordeaux
- In a vineyard
- Saint-Emilion - Pomerol - Fronsac
Work With Me
- Aire de pique-nique
- Coach parking
- Online Shop
Activities on site
- Specific thematic animation
- Children's workshop
- Animals accepted: yes
- Disabled facilities: no
- Groups accepted
- Bus parking
- Minimum group size: 15
|From January 01 to December 31|
|Monday||Ouvert de 10h à 18h|
|Tuesday||Ouvert de 10h à 18h|
|Wednesday||Ouvert de 10h à 18h|
|Thursday||Ouvert de 10h à 18h|
|Friday||Ouvert de 10h à 18h|
|Saturday||Ouvert de 10h à 18h|
|Sunday||Ouvert de 10h à 18h|
|Full price From 13 years||9€|
|Child rate Between 5 and 12 years||5€|
|Child rate Less than 5 years|
|Group rate From 15 people||7€|
|Reduced price Student, job seeker||7€|
|Large family rate||7€|
Prices for the guided tour of the historic Montaigne Tower or the XNUMXth century Château.
For other prices, see the dedicated page on the Château's website: http://www.chateau-montaigne.com/fr/montaigne/12-tarifs
- Payment cards
- Bank and postal checks
- Holiday vouchers
- Bank transfer
- Free tour
- Guided tour
- Average duration of the group visit: 45 min
- Average duration of the individual visit: 45 min
- Group reception from 15 person (s).
- Additional visit: - Provision of support in English, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Russian. - Access to the park and tasting of the estate's wines included in the entry ticket.