In the heart of Entre-deux-Mers, the Château de Rauzan is a fine example of a medieval fortified castle. It was built in the XNUMXth century, when Aquitaine belonged to the crown of England, at the request of King-Duke Jean Sans Terre (son of Aliénor d'Aquitaine and brother of Richard Coeur-de-Lion).
Pass its stone bridge, once closed by a barbican, and enter this building, as often restored as it has been destroyed.
Admire the flamboyant Gothic door of the tower of honor and its precious palm vault, added in the 107th century, then embark on the ascent of the 31 steps of the keep. You will then discover, from the main tower, whose terrace rises XNUMX meters above the ditches, the breathtaking view of the surrounding countryside.
As a family, go in search of the treasure of the knights, hidden somewhere between the thick walls of the Château de Rauzan.
Ranking & labels
- Listed historical sites and monuments
- Vineyards and discoveries
- In the countryside
- More than 30 minutes by car from Bordeaux
- Near a hiking trail (less than 1 km)
- Accessible on foot from the tourist office
- In the vineyard
- In the village
- Entre-deux-Mers region
- Bordeaux wine region - Entre-deux-Mers
- Picnic area.
- Coach parking
Activities on site
- Specific thematic animation
- Children's workshop
- Animals accepted: yes
- Disabled facilities: no
- Groups accepted
- Bus parking
- Minimum group size: 10
- Maximum group size: 25
|From November 01 to December 31|
|Tuesday||Open from 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Open from 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|Thursday||Open from 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|Friday||Open from 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|SATURDAY||Open from 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.|
|Full price Adult free visit (from 15 years old)||4 €|
|Child rate Free visit for children (from 6 to 14 years old included)||3 €|
|Full price Adult guided tour (from 15 years old)||6 €|
|Child rate Child guided tour (from 6 to 14 years old included)||4 €|
- American Express
- Payment cards
- French bank and postal checks
- Bank transfer
- Free tour
- Guided tour by appointment only
- Average duration of the group visit: 60 min
- Average duration of the individual visit: 60 min
- Groups of 10 to 25 people welcome.
- Additional visit: Free visit of the site, or guided by appointment. Translation booklet available in English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German, Russian.